Schaefer’s Spouter Tavern Pint Glass
Our Schaefer’s Spouter Tavern pint glass will bring back memories of enjoying a brew in the heart of the Museum's seafaring village alongside the 1841 whaleship Charles W. Morgan.
Though named for the tavern in Melville’s Moby-Dick, Schaefer’s Spouter Tavern is a re-created exhibit, built by the Museum in 1956. However, the woodwork in its main room, including doors, windows, floor, wainscoting, bar, benches and fireplace, comes from the Central House Inne in Stoddard, New Hampshire, built in 1833. The hideaway bed in the corner was for a hired barman, who slept there to admit late travelers, and also to keep an eye on the supplies.